The ZMT provides a voice for vulnerable offenders within the prison system. Volunteering for the Zahid Mubarek Trust will allow you to gain valuable experience within the criminal justice system whilst contributing to the betterment of society. In line with this mission the ZMT seeks to involve volunteers to:
- Work with staff on specific tasks that are vital for our work e.g. fundraising, administration, organize events project and research work.
- Provide new skills and perspectives to our work.
Currently we are recruiting volunteers for the ISP project:
The ZMT requests your help in joining our Independent Scrutiny Panel (ISP) project as a volunteer. We rely on the support of motivated and enthusiastic volunteers who are interested in issues of criminal justice, human rights, equality and racial justice.
What will you do as an ISP volunteer? You will contribute by:
- Ensuring the safety and well being of vulnerable groups in penal Institutions.
- Helping to raise prisoners’ confidence through being part of a transparent process
- Improving the management of equalities within penal Institutions.
Volunteers should expect to:
- Commit at least one day a month for a minimum of six months
- Complete a specialised training session provided by the ZMT
- Carry out security checks
Volunteer roles are unpaid, however, travel costs and lunch allowance will be provided.
The ZMT encourages applications from all sections of the community, from all ages and backgrounds. We do our best to treat everyone equally and provide a friendly and safe working environment.
How to apply:
To apply to volunteer in our offices, please print and complete our short volunteer application form and send it along with a current résumé or work history to our office (details below). Candidates will be informed in due course of their application/request status, but you should note that, as we always have more applicants than space, there are no guarantees of your being selected.
Tel: 0207 443 5551